What Leaders Do
Our hope is that, in reading our lessons, people will gain a clear sense of their role as Christian Leaders and will be able to focus their energies on that which God is calling them to do.
What is Leadership?
The following is a small sampling of the diversity of helpful definitions that have been offered:
“A Christian leader is someone who is called by God to lead; leads with and through Christlike character; and demonstrates the functional competencies that permit effective leadership to take place.” George Barna, Leaders on Leadership.
“The central task of leadership is influencing God’s people toward God’s purposes.” Robert Clinton, The making of a Leader.
To be a Christian leader is just as essential in the marketplace as in the church. Christian leaders are directed by the Holy Spirit, not by their own agendas. Christian leaders do not try to satisfy the goals and ambitions of the people they lead but those of the God they serve. Leaders who make no difference in their followers’ lives are not actually leaders.
Today’s leaders need help in knowing how to exert an influence that is according to God’s will. One wonders if a person has truly led until someone has followed, and more importantly, until God’s purposes are advanced. God chose to use the weak of this world to demonstrate his strength (1 Cor. 1;26-27; 2 Cor. 12:9-10).
The Christian nature of leadership is that God’s people are led toward God’s purposes. God’s purposes are the key to Christian leadership – the dreams and visions of leaders are not. Christian leaders know they must give an account of their leadership to God; therefore, they are not satisfied merely moving toward the destination God has for them; they want to see God actually achieve his purposes through them for their generation (2 Cor. 5:10-11).
- Christian Leadership (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- The Christian Leadership Career – 2 (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Christian Leadership Career (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- …Answers (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Introduction – 2 (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Caring in Christian Theology (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- The Start of your Spirit-Anointed Leadership and Revival (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- God’s Church should be a Friendly Church (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- People Helping people Through Christianity (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Goals (georgehach.wordpress.com)